[rules-users] Duration attritube and Temporal Operators

Benjamin Bennett benbennett at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 10:51:03 EST 2012

Pretty sure I am correct, think the  devs are at a conference this week in
London. http://blog.athico.com/

1)Start time , point time interval.

2)Don't know exactly, I think the documentation is just showing what is
meant.

But it does say you need to set at least the start time and duration.

If you don't set the time stamp , it gets a timestamp of the time it was
inserting into working memory and duration 0.

3)timestamp is the same as start time. if no duration is set

In our rule set , I set a timestamp attribute, duration and also a
endtimestamp.

You can also do items like this , but reading the docs I am double checking

timeEndMs after[-120s,120s] AND0.timeMs ,

More is in the
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.4.0.Beta2/drools-fusion-docs/html/ch02.html#d0e289

I think the start and endtime time stamp statements in the documentation is
for clarity.

When working with the rules we have , reading the documentation let me know
if the temporal operators is what I needed.