[rules-users] Duration attritube and Temporal Operators

Matteo Cusmai cusmaimatteo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 13:57:47 EST 2012

Hi all,
i have the same problem, i haven't well understood meaning and use of
timestamp and duration fields.
>From my understanding, timestamp field is start time and duration is
difference between end time and start time.
Is it rigth?
On the other hand, i know that it is a good practice don't change these 2
fields. I mean, it isn't suggested to modify duration or timestamp after
that the event is inserted in session (is it right?)
Furthermore, it is bad practice to insert an event with old timestamp,
compared to system time.
So, i don't understand, how is it possible to manage event with duration.

If i have an event with timestamp t1 and duration 5s, of course i know it
when it is finished, so i have to insert it into session with old timestamp.

Sorry for bad English, i hope i was clear.

Thanks a lot,