[rules-users] Planner - scoring with Java (not DRL)

David Erickson derickso at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 20 00:26:09 EDT 2012

Hi I saw the JIRA issue on this topic here:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-3367

I'm wondering if any work has been done to enable this yet, or if not if
this is something that could trivially be done?  I have some very
complicated domain logic to determine a score and shudder to consider
porting this to a language I know nothing about (DRL).  I'm also under
significant time pressure, but would love to use Planner for some SA and
TS runs.  Any help or pointers here would be greatly appreciated.  For a
first run I'd be happy with completely recomputing the score at each
step, but as an optimization would obviously want to do incremental
where possible.

Thanks!
David