[rules-users] In drools what is the exact difference between Insert and Update ??

Bhushan Sonaje bhushansonaje at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 16:45:01 EDT 2012

Hi Vincent Legendre Thanks for you valuable reply. We had implemented new
technologies in our legacy project one of them is drools(separated our
business logic).We had implemented many rules and also used UPDATE in that.
But from client (Architect) we got strict instruction that we should not
used *UPDATE* because it re executes the all relevant rules even though we
had used *no loop true* attribute to avoid re execution.Because of strict
requirement I am trying to find out some alternative for update but still
not got any success.Even if I want to use UPDATE I need some concrete
reason.

we are re Implementing our existing rules which we had written already using
below comments given by client architect.
1.remove all salience from rules and make  the rules independent (don't
decide its execution flow)
2.we should not used function in drools try to avoid them write your most of
the logic in rules only (If you are using means there will be no difference
between java and drools)
3.Activation group we had used in project but they told us to remove it from
drool files
4.Don't use UPDATE and Global in drools .
5.you should not call any java function from drools Write all those logic in
drools.

According to client we should write the rules in such a manner so they can
handle Independently.If rules becomes Independent then rules engine will
decide which rules needs to be execute first.We should not put any
constraint on rule engine by using salience and Activation group.