[rules-users] Error with Helloworld Drools projet

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Mon May 14 06:14:14 EDT 2012

Wolfgang suggests using 5.3 or 5.4 as both bring many, many new features
and improvements over 4.0.7.

You are also more likely to get help with a newer version (as most people
will say "have you tried with 5.3+) if you post problems relating to 4.0.x.

The problem you state is caused by not having
org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.6.2.v_A76_R36x.jar (or something named similarly,
depending on the version of Eclipse you are using, on your classpath).
AFAIK this is included with later (i.e. >5.2 onwards) versions of Drools.

If you Google for Drools you will easily encounter the Drools Home page and
links to download.

With kind regards,

Mike