[rules-users] Score curruption exception in drools-planner-5.4.0.CR1

Christopher Dolan christopher.dolan at avid.com
Mon May 14 14:30:52 EDT 2012

I may be way off track, but I saw score corruption like yours in two cases:

1) broken .equals()/.hashCode() method.
I had a couple of model classes that accidentally looked at mutable data in their .equals() and .hashCode() methods. When these were applied as the cause of the constraint, the revert action then failed to find the constraint because the removed instance wasn't .equals() to the inserted instance. I solved this by reverting to Object.equals() and Object.hashCode().

2) broken variable assignment in aggregate predicates (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-3482)
This is fixed in 5.4.0.Final.
If your rules use collect() or accumulate() with a complicated first argument to either, then Drools becomes confused about which variable to assign the value to. In most cases, this results in a ClassCastException. But in some cases where the facts happened to be the same class, you ended up with the wrong fact assigned as the cause of the constraint.

Chris