[rules-users] How to control the order of rule execution

Vincent LEGENDRE vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com
Wed May 16 06:01:14 EDT 2012

>*Questions:*

>1st -What cud be d problems in the above case?
.rf are not supported in guvnor. Use jbpm instead. See some previous (and numerous) posts ...

>2nd- can I create a test case for our rule flow in guvnor and execute it?
don't know if the session used for test scenario in guvnor use a default process if only a single bpm is set ...
don't know if it even compiles the flow ...
Did you tried ?
If yes and did not work, consider using your own test cases ...

By the way, setting a lot of test directly under guvnor is not very easy if you want to test with a lot of data, as you must specify objects one by one ... or if you want to automate using junit ... and/or not to be sticked with guvnor and use a mix of guvnor rules and DRL rules (and other things).

>3rd- given our requiments is there any better way of executing it other than rule flow in Drools?
See doc about agenda-group and salience to use a single session.
Consider also using different session that are connected programmatically (and transfert WM's object from one bow to the next).