[rules-users] Drools function not working with Javassist facts

Ayush ayush.vatsyayan at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed May 16 07:44:36 EDT 2012

Please find the attached code as zip. It contains following files
1) index.jsp: contains just a link to servlet which will initiate the
process.
2) servlets.DroolsInvokerServlet.java
3) test.FactGenerator.java
4) testRule.drl

Please deploy the project as .war project in jboss6 and add the following in
web.xml
/<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app id="WebApp_ID" version="2.4"
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
	<display-name>BIRT_Chart_JS_API_Samples</display-name>

	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>DroolsInvokerServlet</servlet-name>
		<servlet-class>servlets.DroolsInvokerServlet</servlet-class>
	</servlet>

	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>DroolsInvokerServlet</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/DroolsInvokerServlet</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>
</web-app>/

Here is my code using which I'm able to reproduce the issue.

Following is the error I'm receiving

/java.lang.RuntimeException: Error importing :
'defaultpkg.LogMessage.logMessage'
[ function logMessagelogMessage (line:7): Only a type can be imported.
drools.dynamic.Message resolves to a package
 ]
Error importing : 'defaultpkg.LogMessage.logMessage'

servlets.DroolsInvokerServlet.createKnowledgeBase(DroolsInvokerServlet.java:84)
	servlets.DroolsInvokerServlet.myCode(DroolsInvokerServlet.java:57)
	servlets.DroolsInvokerServlet.service(DroolsInvokerServlet.java:38)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847)/