[rules-users] Drools Fusion: expiration

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue May 29 02:20:22 EDT 2012

This quote is from the current version of "Fusion":

"The above example declares an expiration offset of 30 minutes for
StockTick events. After that time, assuming no rule still needs the
event, the engine will expire and remove the event from the session
automatically."

The catch is, as you may have noticed, the clause: "assuming no rule
still needs the event". Whatever this means...

An educated guess for interpretation for "a rule needs an event" would
be "a partially or fully completed activation of a rule holds a
reference to an event". But, since the author hasn't added this
explanation, it might be something else.

-W