[rules-users] Lots of org.drools.common.ScheduledAgendaItem instances in memory

Werner Stoop wstoop at gmail.com
Tue May 29 02:37:21 EDT 2012

Hi, thank you for your response.

We use Drools 5.3.1 through Maven. When I invoke Drools, for each event I
receive I do the following:

  ksession.insert(obj);
  ksession.fireAllRules();

where ksession was previously created through

  kbase = KnowledgeBaseFactory.newKnowledgeBase();
  kbase.addKnowledgePackages(kbuilder.getKnowledgePackages());
  ksession = kbase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();

Yes, we do use timers. In one case we want to remove alarms that have been
cleared for more than an hour from the knowledgebase. We don't remove them
immediately because some alarms clear briefly and then come back. The rule
I've written to handle this situation is the following:

rule "Old Cleared Alarm?"
timer(int: 10m 10m)
salience -10
when
$a : Alarm(severity == "cleared")
then
double lastUpdate = minutesSince($a.getEventTime());
if(lastUpdate > 60) {
logger.debug("Alarm " + $a.getAlarmId() + " is old. Removing...");
retract($a);
}
end

Is there any other way to write this? I've found that I can't put the
minutesSince($a.getEventTime()) in the rule's when-clause.

Thank you,
Werner