[rules-users] Reg. Rule parsing & MVEL Dialect

Phani Saripalli saripalli.phani at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 06:20:57 EST 2012

Hi.  Is there any valid impression that MVEL parsing can cause performance
bottlenecks as far is drools is concerned?

Or to put it in a better way, I have 500 rules, patterns for each rule are
bit complex, and my observations are that rule parsing (or grammar
formation) is very time consuming. Would this be better if I use Java
dialect.

To be very precise my issue is, I have a type declaration with 1000
variables and 500 rules. Each rule has a complex pattern. It is taking lot
of time to parse and for the grammar. And secondly, inserting an initial
fact is tending to be time consuming.

Many thanks.