[rules-users] How to use a Template File created in Guvnor in java code

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 04:48:23 EST 2012

Hi,

If you want to simply use rules created in Guvnor in your application there
are (at least) 2 ways:-

(1) Use a KnowledgeAgent to download the binary rules from Guvnor. See the
guvnor-examples for an example.

(2) Use REST to download the rules' source DRL and add this to a
KnowledgeBuilder. See the Guvnor documentation about REST.

If you really want to import the asset from Guvnor into Eclipse (using, I
presume WEBDAV?) you will need to dig a bit.

org.drools.ide.common.server.util.BRXMLPersistence.unmarshal(String xml)
will allow you you to create a
org.drools.ide.common.client.modeldriven.brl.RuleModel from the XML.

You can then use
org.drools.guvnor.server.util.BRDRTPersistence.marshal(RuleModel model) to
get to the DRL.

With kind regards,

Mike