[rules-users] Banking Example 4 to 6 - sorting incorrect

Peter Gould pgould at healthsolve.co.uk
Fri Nov 30 08:38:24 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm new to Drools and just working my way through the examples / tutorials
in the Drools Expert PDF. I'm using the 5.5.0 Final runtime. When I run the
BankingExamples 4 - 6 the results are not ordered in date order as the
tutorial suggests they should be.

This is easily resolved by changing the conditionals from:

        date < $date

to:

        date.time < $date.time

in the rules packages, but it worries me that the examples seem to suggest
that the sorting should be correct as is.

A colleague of mine has also run the examples with the same (incorrect)
results. Does anyone have any idea what's happening here? Is this something
that used to work in a previous version of the runtime but has regressed,
or a mistake in the example code, or something else entirely?

Regards,

Pete