[rules-users] Evaluating decision tables from DRL

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 04:41:33 EDT 2012

Chaining rules, including those in decision tables, can be achieved by
using a transient control fact.

rule "your DRL rule 1"
    when
        YourObject( field == 1 )
    then
        insertLogical( new TransientControlFact( "dtable1" );
end

rule "your DRL rule 2"
    when
        YourObject( field == 2 )
    then
        insertLogical( new TransientControlFact( "dtable2" );
end

Then in the decision table use the transient control fact in an additional
column. The DRL would look like this:-

rule "dtable1 row 1"
    when
        TransientControlFact( dtable = "dtable1" )
        YourOtherFacts( )

rule "dtable1 row 2"
    when
        TransientControlFact( dtable = "dtable2" )
        YourOtherFacts( )

How you retrieve the results from the Decision Tables is up to you (e.g.
queries, globals etc).

With kind regards,

Mike