[rules-users] Protobuf Marshaller Question (ScheduledActivation Persistence)

Mario Fusco mario.fusco at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 05:13:11 EDT 2012

Philipp,

I gave a look at this issue and then I rejected the ticket. I am copying
below the comment I left on it for convenience. As you can read
KnowledgeBaseFactory has to be configured to use the
TrackableTimeJobFactoryManager in order to correctly marshall the Scheduled
Activations. This detail is not documented at all and I have to admit I also
discovered it while debugging the use case you sent.

I am going to both add this configuration option to the public API and to
document it.

Thanks for having reported this.
Mario

--- from the jira ticket

The marshalling/unmarshalling of Scheduled Activation can work correctly
only if you use the trackable timer service manager. Unfortunately this
detail is missing in the documentation and we also didn't provide a way to
configure this on the public API. I am going to fix both those issues, but
in the meanwhile you can do it by configuring the KnowledgeBaseFactory as it
follows:

KnowledgeSessionConfiguration ksconf =
KnowledgeBaseFactory.newKnowledgeSessionConfiguration();
((SessionConfiguration) ksconf).setTimerJobFactoryManager( new
TrackableTimeJobFactoryManager() );
ksession = kbase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(ksconf, null);