[rules-users] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 06:24:29 EDT 2012

On 11/10/2012, mohan <mohan.narangoda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi laune,
>
> Assume we continuously getting vast number of facts or events from a stream
> and we want to reasoning over particular time window (accumulate number of
> events on this window) how we could achieve the same? Guess we cannot call
> dispose() after fireAllRules().

Certainly not - you'd lose all facts.

If you need to keep some facts but have to avoid keeping them all
you'll have to devise some method that retracts facts whenever they
aren't useful any more.

Automatic retraction of events might be one way - see the Fusion
manual. OTOH, you might want to implement an explicit strategy for
deleting obsolete facts.