[rules-users] firing rules twice in single session on single object

Sai Nadh adisya.sai at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 03:18:34 EDT 2012

good morning sir,

first of all
i am very thankful to your support,
but it is not working properly, first of all i want to explain my
requirements
please pay little time for me

I have 1000 records of some data like sales amount

I have two rules like below

rule "Mr First Rule"
salience 100
when
#conditions
sales : Sales (salesAmount >=200)
then
#actions
sales.set SalesMessage("goodsales");

  end

 rule "My second Rule"
salience 80
when
#conditions
sales : Sales (salesAmount<200)
then
#actions
sales.set SalesMessage("badsales");

  end

Here i want to insert facts from the list

if the salesAmount list is modified in the same session( fact object is
modified)

how can i fire the rules again in the same session

please help me in this scenario and if possible please provide some docs
also

regards
sai

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 5:30 PM, abhinay_agarwal <
abhinay_agarwal at infosys.com> wrote:

> If you want the same rule to fire again and again then just modify the fact
> such that the WHEN condition is satisfied.
>
> For example in the HELLO WORLD sample Code :
>
> rule "Hello World"
> no-loop
>     when
>         m : Message( status == Message.HELLO, myMessage : message )
>     then
>         System.out.println( myMessage );
>         m.setMessage( "Goodbye cruel world" );
>         m.setStatus( Message.GOODBYE );
>         update( m );
> end
>
> You can alter and change the m.setStatus( Message.HELLO) and you can see
> the
> rule gets refired again.
>
> But this will make the rule to refire itself again and again, making it
> fall
> inside an infinite loop, which is logically not acceptable(For this reason
> "no-loop" exists).
>
> So my opinion would be modify your rule set to make few rules, such that
> each of them satisfies under some condition and gets fired !!
>
> Regards,
> Abhinay

*Regards*
*SAI BABA NADH*