[rules-users] [Drools Fusion] Accessing Events' time (read-only) with Drools in STREAM mode, REALTIME clock

Davide Sottara dsotty at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 13:24:04 EDT 2012

Stefano Bragaglia wrote
> Hi guys,
>      I just realised that it is not possible to take advantage of the
> default time handling and access the timestamp value at the same time.

Agreed, one may want to write both qualitative ( A after B ) and
quantitative constraints ( A.time > x ) on an event. While this is possible
when the even timestamp is assigned externally, this is very hard to do with
the fusion-managed timestamp. Unfortunately, what you propose won't work,
since that particular configuration (setting a @timestamp field) would break
the assumption of immutable events.

We would need something like:

//operator-like, even better with implicit unification
Event( this happensAt $t )  // timestamp
Event( this lasts $d )         // duration

//accessor-like
Event( $t := happensAt, lasts > 100 )

Probably this needs to be taken to the dev channel or to the jira feature
requests

Best
Davide