[rules-users] Decision Table Help

qwertyqwerty sol_987 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 15 12:45:30 EDT 2012

Hi i have had another go at this,trynig to learn DRL and hthen applying it to
my spreadsheet.  The below is what i have so far:

in java i create:

List<Car> list = new ArrayList<Car>();
Car o1 = ...
Car o2 = ...
list.add(o1);
list.add(o2);
Test t = new Test(list);

Car is: (name, value)

DRL Rules:

rule "Test"
dialect "java"
when
    test : Test
    vals : Car()(name == "A") from test.getData()
then
    // do something
end

Spreadsheet:

	RuleSet	org.uk
	import	org.uk.Car
	Declare	declare Car
		           name : String
                           value : String
                        end
	Notes

	RuleTable Test Rules
	CONDITION				           CONDITION			ACTION
	test:Test
	vals:Car (name == "$param")		from test.getData()	test.setResult("$param");

		A									PASS

In my spreadsheet I had to put the 'from' part as part of its own condition
as I was getting a mismatched input error.  The error I now get is "Unable
to create reader for 'Car etc',

Am i on the right lines with the spreadsheet part, or is this still way off
track?

Thanks,