[rules-users] How to access Guvnor Rules based on versions from Java?

Jervis Liu jliu at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 22:12:30 EDT 2012

On 2012/10/15 19:46, Ravikiran wrote:
> Hi,
> I have got a business requirement to access specific version of a rule and
> process them accordingly. My rules are stored in file based JCB based guvnor
> repository. For example, i have a rule in a package created, having more
> than one version varying with rule definition for each version.
> How do i access those version specific rules from my java client? Please
> help.
You can use URL
/packages/{packageName}/assets/{assetName}/versions/{version} or
/packages/{packageName}/assets/{assetName}/versions/{version}/binary or
/packages/{packageName}/assets/{assetName}/versions/{version}/source to
access a specific version of rule asset:
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.5.0.Beta1/drools-guvnor-docs/html/ch09.html#d0e3153

Cheers,
Jervis