[rules-users] what is best way to deal with db access in rules?

mpgong michael.p.gong at lmco.com
Tue Oct 16 09:32:49 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have some rules that go out to a database to pull values for conditions in
my rules, is this something that isn't wise to do?  Problem is that with
even a small set of facts about ~5500, things take a while to run with about
100 rules.  Most of the time, we are thinking is from the db access.  It
would take several hours to finish.  We want to see if we can get this down
to under 30mins or better.

So the question is what is the best way handle these conditions, should we
make the queries before running the rules and loading them as facts in the
engine or is there some other means to do this more efficiently?

Thanks