[rules-users] Clustered Guvnor performance issue

worldofprasanna worldofprasanna at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 09:42:41 EDT 2012

Hi,

We have set the clustered environment with 2 nodes for guvnor and we used
Oracle Database as journal. We are experiencing performance issues, like
even to navigate between the cells in decision table it takes avg of 5-7
secs.

We followed the guidelines given in jackrabbit site to set up the clustered
repository and the link is,

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering

We doubt whether this clustering is the cause for this performance issue coz
we didn t find any issues in the forum related to the performance of Guvnor
? Can anyone give recommended procedure for clustering guvnor. We found that
there is a task to create cluster repository, but didn t find much
information about drools-ant task. Can we get some example for configuring
drools-ant ?

Also can we know whether there will be any difference in performance if File
Journal is used instead of Database Journal? There ll not be concurrent
access to both the guvnor application.

Thanks,
Prasanna Venkataraman.