[rules-users] fun projects :)

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Thu Oct 18 19:23:10 EDT 2012

I have another one to add to the fun list. This one is even easier, and more useful. We want to move to Errai JSON for all configuration formats. Errai JSON provides seamless object marshalling in the client and the server. So your json string in the browser isn't just eval( jsonString ), errai marshals that string back into objects. So a tree based editor for Errai JSON would be great. Ideally it would driven by the data model, to provide suggestion and validation.

Audit Viewer
Also migrate to support ErraiJSon, instead of our XStream dump, for seamless client and server marshalling.
Rete Viewer
The ReteViewer should be ported to svg/gwt, again using ErraiJSon to provide the tree format.
Grid/Tile layout manager for panels.
Errai JSON Tree Editor
Ideally this would be "data driven" by the provided domain model. Which provides a "suggestion" list for allowed keys and values, as well as client side validation. Additional annotations might be needed to make this further constrained - i.e. choice, sequence, max/min occurs.
simple JS JSON tree view that works well. Port this to pure GWT, but make it easier to add/remove entries and provide type safe entries for keys, based on the provided domain model. http://braincast.nl/samples/jsoneditor/
Errai JSON, http://docs.jboss.org/errai/2.0.0.Final/errai/reference/html/sid-5931328.html
Mark