[rules-users] semantically equivalent DROOLS L-value expressions?

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 07:05:20 EDT 2012

Ben:

Consulting the "Expert" manual may shed some light on your puzzlement.

<quote>
The behavior of the Conditional Element or  is different from the
connective || for constraints and restrictions in field constraints.
The engine actually has no understanding of the Conditional Element
or. Instead, via a number of different logic transformations, a rule
with or is rewritten as a number of subrules. This process ultimately
results in a rule that has a single or as the root node and one
subrule for each of its CEs. Each subrule can activate and fire like
any normal rule; there is no special behavior or interaction between
these subrules. - This can be most confusing to new rule authors.
</quote>

Ha! That there last sentence ;-)
-W