[rules-users] Field value is different when and then section, very strange. Is it mvel vs java issue

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 13:04:19 EDT 2012

Identify the requirements for changing your data. For instance, what
*exactly*
is the state of an Account fact x when it should be subject to
   x.setAccountStatus( "PENDING" );
Any value of accountStatus? All values *except* PENDING? null? ...?

Make sure to constrain Account() in this and any other rule by adding the
correct boolean expression between the parens.

modify( x ){ set...(...), set...(...) } is the preferred way of notifying
the Drools
Engine that a fact has changed and all rules potentially referring to this
fact need to be reconsidered; the fact's history is irrelevant.
x.set...(...); x.set...(...); update( x ); is essentially the same.

Using salience is (usually) the wrong approach, as is no-loop, which
will avoid only on-the-spot reactivation - you can still loop over two or
more rules.

-W