[rules-users] To expose Rule created in drools expert as a webservice

Miguel Paraz mparaz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 07:05:42 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 6:15 PM, amit <amit.aggarwal at pb.com> wrote:

> I am starting with Drools expert My usecase is to expose the rule written
> in Drools Expert as webservice. This webservice can be consumed by some
> external application. My question: Is this feasible. Thanks a lot in
> advance.

I'm starting to do this. I think it's feasible - I think there should be
official support.

This is my approach:
- Since Drools is single-threaded, it should only run on one worker thread
- It will use queues to talk to the web thread - receive objects to insert
before the rules are fired, and send objects inserted after the rules are
fired.
- to send objects, I'm using queries in the DRL file, and a live query to
listen for new objects to add to the queue for sending out

Hope this helps (and I hope it's correct!)

regards,
Miguel