[rules-users] java.lang.LinkageError, but only sometimes

Mattias Nilsson Grip mattias.nilsson.grip at redpill-linpro.com
Wed Oct 31 12:06:09 EDT 2012

I'm guessing now. But since the stack trace includes org.drools.rule.JavaDialectRuntimeData I would rather say it is related to Java and not to MVEL. Actually org.drools.rule.MVELDialectRuntimeData seems to have less class-loading logic than JavaDialectRuntimeData so if this is indeed a bug a workaround may be to switch from java to mvel dialect. Another workaround could be to "warm up" your rules by firing them from a single thread before exposing the knowledge base to the multi-threaded client code.

Regards,
Mattias