[rules-users] Problem sharing declarative model between two packages

Al drools at alcarlson.com
Wed Oct 31 16:36:32 EDT 2012

Thanks for the quick reply, Davide!

It does look somewhat similar, but I am using a single KnowledgeBase, there
are no Exceptions being thrown, and I don't think there is anything I can do
with sharing ClassLoaders to workaround the problem.

I am loading both packages into my KnowledgeBase, creating a Session and
executing the rules.  The only problem I have is that the declared type,
MyType, is created as an instance of p1.MyType, and the "find it" rule in
package p2 seems to be looking for an instance of p2.MyType.

I suppose this is how things are supposed to work, but I was hoping someone
could suggest a different way to share a declarative model across packages
that wouldn't suffer this problem.