[rules-users] Problem sharing declarative model between two packages

Al drools at alcarlson.com
Wed Oct 31 18:05:29 EDT 2012

If I create three DRL files as you described and then import them into
Guvnor, it creates three separate Guvnor packages (datamodel, p1, p2).  If I
want to reference MyEvent from the rule in p1, I need to import
datamodel.MyEvent.  Unfortunately, Guvnor doesn't allow me to import
declared types from a different Guvnor package.

So, unless I'm misunderstanding your suggestion, I would end up having to
copy the declarative model for datamodel.MyEvent into the p1 and p2 packages
and I would be back in my original predicament.