[rules-users] Reg. Iterating over a list

Phani Saripalli saripalli.phani at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 19:56:04 EDT 2012

Hi.

I tried to identify relevant ways for some container specific operations
like exists, forall (or foreach). Basically I have started using for
software product line research, and specifically model checking over product
line models. The initial results so fat ( considering the time I started)
have been wonderful, alas I am tuck at this point.

For example, consider :
import java.util.List;
import java.util.Arrays;
import java.util.ArrayList;

declare Project
    a : int
    b : int = 5
    list : List =  new java.util.ArrayList(java.util.Arrays.asList(1 , 2 , 3
, 4 , 5))
end

Now that the element of Project - list is configured, I would like to
perform some operations on it like:
a) for each - for the list (Project - P; P.list), is each element is greater
than 2? (or in essence - evaluating each element using a boolean
expression).

b) Similarly, a function like exists . for the list, is there any element
for which this expression is satisfied -
t > 2 && t < 5, where t is the iterator for the list.

As the elements of the lists are mere numbers (in this case ints), I am not
really aware/clear how I can use the Drools operations collect, for all etc.

Previously I worked with Jess rule engine, and it has in built lambda
functions which nicely provides list iterators and thus evaluating each
element of the list against a boolean expression.

I am at a very important point in my work, and any hint or solution will be
highly appreciated.

Many thanks :)

Phani