[rules-users] ClassNotFoundException

Vincent LEGENDRE vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com
Mon Sep 3 08:19:48 EDT 2012

> There are dependencies on external classes, but the model is quite large so
>not quite sure which dependencies to check, we make extensive use of
>hibernate, so imported the necesssary hibernate jar to Guvnor with no luck
>as well.

All needed classes must be known by java classloader at compile time ... recusively ... and indeed, this can lead to massive jar addition in the classpath.
Hibernate uses a lot of other jars too, you must add them as well ...

That's exactly the reason why I try (as much as I can) to make a POJO model for rules that depends on nothing. For instance, I use Hibernate with xml config files and not annotations (otherwise it make the POJO model dependant of Hibernate jar ...)

You can either add directly some jars in tomcat "lib" folder , or under guvnor's lib (directly in war file) if these jars does not change too often...