[rules-users] Reg. Iterating over a list

Phani Saripalli saripalli.phani at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 20:26:51 EDT 2012

Hi

Thank you very much I partly succeeded using your suggestion.

I particularly did the following:

rule "list rule "
agenda-group "Group 2"
dialect "mvel"
no-loop true
 	when
 		P : Project(isDefined(P.seq_B))
 		s : java.util.ArrayList() from collect ( Integer (!(this > 0 && this <
3)) from P.seq_A)

 		 //( Integer (this > 0 && this < 3) from P.seq_A);
 	then
 		System.out.println("Rule satisfied # " + P.seq_A);

 		//modify(P) {seq_B = s};
end

However, I would like to do every thing all at once in the LHS, or maybe
RHS. This is because I have to work around similar functions like the
following:

1) collect from collectionA with a boolean constraint into collectionB
2 ) similarly, collect everything that does not satisfy.

Custom evaluators  - sounds interesting. Sadly, I did not find it. Would be
very much useful if you can share an example.

Many thanks :)