[rules-users] Re-usability of rules

Suvek suvek.shah at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 05:52:41 EDT 2012

Thanks Manstis and laune!!
Manstis your assumptions are right, I have various places from where the
address will be validated.

Moreover this pattern is going to repeat on various levels. So to explain
when the tax return is filed, TaxReturn needs validating, also the TaxReturn
will have 1..* TaxPayer so the tax payers would be validated using Taxpayer
rules and Addresses associated with the TaxPayer also get validated. In some
of the cases there could be 5 levels.

Depending on where the rules are being called from all the rules must be
validated for the passed in object + all the associated child objects.

Hope my approach is correct to have separate rules for each level and reuse
the child validation if available.

I will try out the suggested solution and get back with the results.

thanks again
S.