[rules-users] DSL usage in Guvnor

dme1 mehtad at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 17:55:20 EDT 2012

Hi Mike,

I am unable to get the DSL to work with Decision Tables. I have used the
"BRL Fragment" in both Condition and Action but get errors as well as have
issues in defining the data for the decision table. Once I use the BRL
fragment the value for the Condition and Action pretty much gets hard-coded
to whatever I specify in the condition and action. Can you please share an
example of how I can use DSL in the Guided Editors (DRL and Decision Table).
Below I have explained what I have tried and the issues I am running into.

The DSL has been defined as follows:

http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4019615/DSL.jpg

The condition in the Decision Table is provided as follows using the BRL
fragment

http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4019615/define_condition.jpg

The action is provided as follows, again uses the BRL fragment

http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4019615/define_action.png

The Decision Table now looks like this (Note: Analyze shows no error). Now I
cannot pass any parameters, all I can do is "Check" the condition and action
which means that the decision table will not be useful

http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4019615/guided_dst_with_dsl.jpg

The source code looks good.

http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4019615/dst_source.jpg

Now I am running  test on the decision table, where I get an error. Since I
cannot pass in values to the rule (as I could do what check the action and
condition) I am getting this error, if I can pass approriate values into the
rows this should go away I think.

http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4019615/dsldt_rule_test.png

Thanks,
dme