[rules-users] Package footprint

Jean-Paul Shemali jshemali at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 13 05:42:11 EDT 2012

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I'm actually working with a big number of large rule sets (ranging from 100 rules to up to 3000), which are generated based on another proprietary language. These are not used system wide, but on a user per user basis and loaded dynamically

In itself, the system handles itself well, as compiled packages are persisted on disk and loaded only when a user requires it. Thing is, the memory footprint (and the size of the persisted packages) has increased significantly when migrating from 4.0.7 to 5.4.0.Final (20% to 30% for the large ones) and I am trying to find ways of trimming this down as much as I can.

Going from a package name of 12 characters to 1 actually and rule names to 3-4 characters shaved off 5-10% in most cases, so not so trivial :-)

Unfortunately, reducing the number of rules is not a option in my case, so any advice (or explanation on the increase) is most welcome