[rules-users] Data Model Dependencies in Guvnor

dme1 mehtad at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:20:53 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have created 2 projects in Eclipse - the first one is the Base Project
with the Model defined for this as BaseModel.jar. The send one is the
Extension Project which inherits the BaseModel and extends it, this Model is
called ExtendedModel.jar.

In Eclipse I can set the dependency on BaseModel in the Extended Project and
can write rules using the Base and Extended Models.

Now I create 2  packages in Guvnor one to represent the Base Project, the
second to represent the Extended Project. I upload the BaseModel to the
BaseProject and the associated technical rules and this all works well.

In the Extended Package I upload the "BaseModel.jar" successfully, however
when I try to upload the "ExtendedModel.jar" it gives me an Error. The only
way I can resolve my error is to update the ExtendedModel.jar to include all
classes from BaseModel.jar, so it seems like the Guvnor requires all
dependencies to be resolved within the Model jar and cannot reference other
Data Models within the same package.

Is there a way for Guvnor to lookup the other Models for dependencies and
resolve the dependencies? If not what is the recommended approach for
specifying dependent models in Guvnor?

Thanks,
dme