[rules-users] KnowledgeRuntimeLogger to slf4j

Stephen Masters stephen.masters at me.com
Fri Sep 14 09:26:05 EDT 2012

Here's are some examples of logging what's going on in the knowledge base using slf4j:

Logging what rules have activated:
https://github.com/gratiartis/scattercode-drools-scenarios/blob/master/src/main/java/uk/co/scattercode/drools/util/TrackingAgendaEventListener.java

Logging details of facts that have been inserted, updated and retracted:
https://github.com/gratiartis/scattercode-drools-scenarios/blob/master/src/main/java/uk/co/scattercode/drools/util/TrackingWorkingMemoryEventListener.java

I prefer to do the logging like this myself, especially, as I like to plug in Log4J async logging. Although I guess the built-in loggers do give output in a reasonably standard XML format. If you want that, the APIs are open, so I guess you can probably use the Drools libraries to generate XML if you wish to.

Steve