[rules-users] How to read ruleflow file?

tosmun taylor.osmun at ca.ibm.com
Tue Sep 18 12:29:47 EDT 2012

Hi there,
This is likely irrelevant to you, but I run things using the Drools
framework (not Guvnor). In case it is helpful, here is my simple setup:

KnowledgeBuilder kbBuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder();
File file = new File("/test/myFile.rf");
kbBuilder.add(ResourceFactory.newFileResource(file), ResourceType.DRF);
//Insert your KB files here as ResourceType.DRL
if (kbBuilder.hasErrors())
   e.printStackTrace();

KnowledgeBase kb = kbBuilder.newKnowledgeBase();
kb.addKnowledgePackages(kbBuilder.getKnowledgePackages());
StatefulKnowledgeSession session = kb.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();

session.startProcess("myFlow");
session.fireAllRules();

Where of course "myFlow" is the name of my flow, and the file is the full
path to your ruleflow.