[rules-users] Which proper way to test for Event expiration in Drools Fusion?

tari-manga matteo.mortari at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 12:53:57 EDT 2012

Found solution! Obviously it was me being stupid and not realizing I was
using Drools 5.4.0.Final while still referring to old documentation of
5.2.0.Final. In the updated documentation for Drools Fusion 5.4.0.Final,
this box is added for 2.6.2. Sliding Length Windows:

Please note that length based windows do not define temporal constraints for
event expiration from the session, and the engine will not consider them. If
events have no other rules defining temporal constraints and no explicit
expiration policy, the engine will keep them in the session indefinitely.

Therefore the 3rd requirement I originally enlisted of "You must define
temporal constraints between Events" is obviously NOT met because I now
understand Sliding Length Window in Drools 5.4.0.Final:

Message() over window:length(1)

are indeed NOT a definition of a temporal constraints for event expiration
from the session.

Updating this answer hopefully somebody will find it helpful (and
Stackoverflow original reference updated as well). Also, just so for your
know, me being stupid actually for relying on googling in order to reach the
doc, and sometimes you don't get redirected to the current release
documentation, so it seems...

Ciao