[rules-users] Drools Rule Evaluations are Inconsistent

bdolbeare bdolbeare at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 22 13:28:25 EDT 2012

I was able to use the Drools Eclipse Plugin to view the Rete tree and I can
confirm that it Drools does build the tree differently under the scenarios
described above.  With rule 3 commented out, there are 2 AlphaNodes -- one
checks for [role=="1"] and the other checks for [role=='1'].  With rule 3
uncommented, the AlphaNode for [role=='1'] disappears.  It seems rather
scary that Drools doesn't create the Rete tree the same way.  I hope there
aren't any other issues like this that may affect the validity of the
rules???

Do you recommend skipping the upgrade to Drools 5.4.0 in favor of another
version?