[rules-users] adding de-serialized packages to the rulebase takes 7 minutes time.

subba mysavingdealz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 09:32:42 EDT 2012

Hi,
I am using drools 5.0.0 CR1 on sun sparc machine with JRE 1.6.0_12.  The JVM
has 2GB heap and 256 permGen settings.

Recently I have noticed that the adding the deserialized package to the
rulebase takes almost 7 minutes time.

The serialized cache files contains 4000 rules and the file size is 40MB.

The de-serialization is pretty quick but adding this package to the rulebase
is taking lot of time.

Other observations:
1. The the task on windows PC takes lesser time.
2. During addpackage method execution, I had observed lots of Garbage
collection happening though there is plenty of heap available.

Can you please suggest a way to improve this task timing ?

Regards.
Subba.