[rules-users] how is Integer converted when comparing with primitive?

mpgong michael.p.gong at lmco.com
Wed Sep 26 12:16:04 EDT 2012

Hello

I have a rule that looks something like this

when
    $mydate : TaskRowDate(0 < currentLateCount < 100)
then
    doSomething();

My problem is that currentLateCount is an Integer type because i want to be
able to store null.  0 means something different in my app.

The problem is when a fact that is inserted with the currentLateCount =
null, the above rule matches and is fired.

Is this suppose to be the case and what value does currentLateCount take
that makes it match?

Thanks