[rules-users] How to integrate Drools application with Servlet

zeeshan zeeshan.spring at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 02:34:37 EDT 2012

Hi All !

I have an existing web application "Bonus Calculation Management System"
which has been developed in servlet and Hibernate which is interacting with
DB. I have developed a product in Drools using Struts. Now the task is I
have to integrate this drools product in the Existing Servlet application. I
have integrating it converting Struts to Servlet. But it is giving this
exception about my Rule File :

*
com.drools.action.PolicyAction
hurrrrrrrrrrrrrr
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Cannot find rule file:Sample.drl
	at com.drools.facts.RuleRunner.loadRuleFile(RuleRunner.java:89)
	at com.drools.facts.RuleRunner.loadRules(RuleRunner.java:67)
	at com.drools.facts.RuleRunner.getStatefulSession(RuleRunner.java:227)
	at com.drools.facts.RuleMain.main(RuleMain.java:46)*

*In my Servlet class I have written like this :*  public int
calculate(HttpServletRequest req, String schId,String schStepID, Date
clcFrDate, Date clcToDate,String runNo)
	{

		System.out.println("hurrrrrrrrrrrrrr");
			InputFormBean inputFormBean=new InputFormBean();
			inputFormBean.setFromDate(clcFrDate.toString());
			inputFormBean.setToDate(clcToDate.toString());
		String fromDateArray[]=inputFormBean.getFromDate().trim().split("/");
		String toDateArray[]=inputFormBean.getToDate().trim().split("/");

		inputFormBean.setFromDateArray(fromDateArray);
		inputFormBean.setToDateArray(toDateArray);
		RuleMain ruleMain=new RuleMain();
		try {
			ruleMain.main(inputFormBean);
		} catch (Exception e) {
			// TODO Auto-generated catch block
			e.printStackTrace();
		}
		return 0;

	}

*In the RuleMain.java*  :    public class RuleMain extends HttpServlet  {

	private  final String[] RULES_FILES8 = new String[] {"Sample.drl"}; // *I
also tried : com.drools.rules/Sample.drl but dint work*

	static HashMap<Integer, Double>agntAPEMap=new HashMap<Integer, Double>();

	public  void main(InputFormBean inputFormBean) throws Exception {

		HashMap<String, Object> globals = new HashMap<String, Object>();
		//globals.put("index", new Index(0));

		StatefulSession statefulSession=new
RuleRunner().getStatefulSession(RULES_FILES8,null,null, globals, null);

Thanks !!!