[rules-users] Drools 5.4 final and jbpm: problem in acces process variable

Manasi manasi.a.damle at capgemini.com
Thu Sep 27 02:58:28 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am newbie in drools and jbpm. I am getting problem in retrieving the
updated process variable value.

Here is the code:

KnowledgeBuilder kbuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory
				.newKnowledgeBuilder();
		kbuilder.add(ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource(flowName),
				ResourceType.BPMN2);
		KnowledgeBase knowledgeBase= kbuilder.newKnowledgeBase();

		StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = knowledgeBase
				.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();

		// Retrieving request parameters
		Map<String, Object> parameterMap = new HashMap<String, Object>();
		parameterMap.put("screenId",screenId);
		parameterMap.put("hello","abc");

ksession.startProcess("com.yousee.drools.services.DroolsAuthorizationService",
parameterMap);
		ksession.fireAllRules();

I am passing parameter to the jbpm while starting the process for the
execution of flow.
Now if my process chnages this value. say process variable hello value to
"abcd".

How to get the updated variable value in java? wahts the api?

Plz help asap.

Regards