[rules-users] how is Integer converted when comparing with primitive?

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 10:06:24 EDT 2012

On 27/09/2012, Mario Fusco <mario.fusco at gmail.com> wrote:
I am just guessing now,
> but it seems to me that instead of testing lowerBound < value < upperBuond
> it is actually only checking  lowerBound < upperBuond because the only way
> to avoid that the rule fires is to write a pattern like: Cont( 11 < val <
> 10

I can confirm your findings. (I should have tested with another
nonnull value outside of the range.)

But as it is, it's just another bug: not diagnosing and compiling in
spite of a syntax error.

> Moreover I cannot find any doc stating that we are supporting that format
> of
> constraints, neither any test in our code base using them.

Ha! Not finding any documentation doesn't mean a thing. I *think*
there was a discussion (on the path from 5.2.0 onwards) about
permitting such (weird) forms of constraints, but I am not sure at
all.

 Can you confirm
> that this constraint format should be supported by Drools? If so I will try
> to fix it asap.

I'd suggest you just fix the parser so it doesn't accept this and
diagnoses an error.

Thanks
Wolfgang