[rules-users] [planner] can the solving process be carried out in a multi-thread way?

roman.stumm roman.stumm at viaboxx.de
Tue Apr 2 11:11:45 EDT 2013

We are experiencing that the performance for a chained-planningvariable (like
vehicleRouting) starts to decrease in our app when there are 200 or more
stops on a tour, while there is only one of the CPUs doing the work. We are
using drools-planner 5.5.0-Final and we would be glad to hear of any
experiences or hints:
- whether a multi-thread solver would help here? Is there any priority on
releasing this feature?
- if it would be promising when we split the problem into many problems and
use different solver instances (one for each geo-area) or
- if we could optimize this by using other configuration tricks, such as
custom move-factories

Is this something that requires a multi-threaded solver in your opinion?

Thanks in advance,

Roman