[rules-users] Shared Facts across nodes

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 16:05:41 EDT 2013

Hi Mauro,
At this moment you can't share the session state between multiple nodes.
You can replicate your sessions in different nodes. Which means that two or
more nodes will contain the same set of facts.

Drools Grid was an experiment, so I don't recommend you going on that
direction.

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 5:02 PM, mauro <mdurantejr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> After searching the web and Drools forums for a couple of days, I couldn't
> find a solution to the problem I've got to solve. Anyway, if there's a
> thread pointing at the same problem, I apologize and please, let me know
> where it is.
>
> My current scenario involves a Drools cluster and demands high availability
> and scalability of nodes.
> I have to provide a pool of rules (Guvnor should easily handle that) and a
> set of servers to process facts against those rules.
>
> This is where I'm stuck at.
> I need to make sure all generated facts are shared across drools servers at
> the time they get into the cluster.
>
> In other words, what I need is a kind of shared (and persistent) session,
> and this session should contain unique facts, so the nodes don't waste time
> processing what has already been processed by another node. Also, session
> response time is critical.
>
> Since I'm new to the Drools world, maybe I'm missing some important aspects
> here, however, as far as I understood, Drools should be able to supply my
> requirements.
>
> Already read about Drools-Grid (Is it still alive? Being developed?
> Reliable?) and JBoss Infinispan. Both seem to help on solving this
> requirement, but I'm not sure whether they're the correct tools to attach
> the arch and get to the solution.
>
> Moreover, I have to make sure an instance of Guvnor can share rules with
> other instances being queried by the Drools servers.
>
> How can I solve the problems?
>

> Thank you in advance,
> Mauro

 - MyJourney @ http://salaboy.com <http://salaboy.wordpress.com>