[rules-users] Abstracting Rules using extends

Davide Sottara dsotty at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 15:50:11 EDT 2013

I tried to reproduce the problem with no success, we'd need to know the
Vehicles and Vehicle classes,
as well as the actual objects you are feeding into the session.

I am also a bit skeptic about the update on the $vehicles master
object.. As Wolfgang already pointed
out, that is very likely to cause loops unless you have additional
conditions to prevent it.

Eventually, I'd need to know if and how the "some update" lines change
the object(s)... for example, do you
modify any attribute involved in equals/hashkey computation?

I confirm, instead, that the compiler silently accepts rules extending
other non-existing / unreachable rules,
and that is a very dangerous bug

Best
Davide