[rules-users] Abstracting Rules using extends

Arul Prashanth arul.prashanth at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 18:47:57 EDT 2013

Hi David,

Here are the code to reproduce the issue.  I have attached the Unit Testcase
also along with this.
Vehicles.java
<http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4023252/Vehicles.java>
Vehicle.java <http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4023252/Vehicle.java>
test1.drl <http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4023252/test1.drl>
SampleTest.java
<http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4023252/SampleTest.java>

I was trying to narrow down on this issue over the weekend and below is what
I was able to figure out.

Whenever a Rule has the enabled attribute set to false and a fact that
matches that specific rule exist then we are getting the error described
above. This error doesn't popup if the Rule is either enabled or if a fact
doesn't  match the Rules LHS.

I wasn't able to share the actual code hence had to workaround to reproduce
the same.

Thanks
Arul Prashanth

-----