[rules-users] Error using 5.5.1 built with 5.5.0 Final jars

Stephen Masters stephen.masters at me.com
Tue Apr 9 03:26:52 EDT 2013

Doing a quick count of all the contents of the Guvnor WEB-INF/lib directory, there are about 90 jars. Any of those, which are also in your project could be causing the problem. I take it that you are using exactly the same snapshot for Guvnor as you are for your Drools runtime?

If you want to work out which it is, then you have 3 choices that I can think of off-hand:
Dump the contents of the Guvnor WEB-INF/lib directory in your own project's lib. A really bad idea, btw.
Search through all the Jars to find out which of them contains the class that your stack trace is complaining about. The stack trace is giving you the serialVersionUID of the class, so it's just a case of doing a text search through all of your jars to find it. Replace the jar in your project with the one from Guvnor.
Use Maven to build your project so that you are using the correct dependencies.
That is assuming that the out-of-sync class isn't in your own code. You did search your code for those serialVersionUIDs didn't you?

Steve